Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A new kind of workout

I was worried that all of the biking would mean that I would develop these gargantuan quads while my upper body atrophied. Not so. You know what I've discovered is a great workout? Moving bikes. I mean hauling them up and down the stairs, hanging and unhanging them (gently) from ceiling hooks in the storage area. Are these really aluminum frames? I'm pretty sure they're lead.

I think I easily did the equivalent of 30 or 40 push-ups just this afternoon. Yes, it's been busy at the shop: bikes in, bikes out. At this rate, I'll be huge in about two weeks. I just might have to start walking through doorways sideways. You know, to accommodate my biceps. Maybe Chris will even recommend that I get wider -- rather than narrower -- handlebars for my bike, nicknamed PIT. (Oooh, that reminds me: the search for my bike's name continues. The winner gets a postcard from wherever I come across the first post office on my trip.)

No comments: