Thursday, March 26, 2009

On the road in Guyana

Some days are kind of slow at the shop, especially when it's raining outside. Then, seemingly out of nowhere something brightens up your day. Today, it was a kind note from Cathy (and Daisy-Milano Parco Bianchi) that Denise showed me:

"Hello, Capitol Hill Bikes,

I have been wanting to contact you and tell you how much I have enjoyed the bike I bought from you. On 4 October, 2008 I came into your store looking for a bike. I am 52 and it had been 25 years since I had last ridden a bike. Todd showed me two bikes and they did nothing for me. When he showed me the Milano Parco Bianchi, it was love at first sight. He made alterations to her to make her a better fit for me. She is so precious that I have given her a name, Daisy.

My husband's job has taken us to Georgetown, Guyana, South America and I ride her constantly. We have only one car and she is my primary mode of transportation. I have attached a picture of her and me at the farmers market in the middle of town.

Thank you for bringing Daisy into my life.

Sincerely,
Cathy Cherry"


Ride on, Cathy and Daisy!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I asked Cathy how she managed to find a milk crate in celeste! After commenting on my keen observation skills, she told me that the crate was used to hold her son's toys but now that he's in his 20's his toys won't fit in it. It's perfect, don't you think?